Program Highlights Include:
- Examples of her own childhood writing
- The inspiration behind her book(s)
- Personal photos and stories that have influenced her life and writing
- Insights into the writing and publication process – from where ideas come from to the importance of revision (including sharing early drafts of her work and editor feedback)
- Strategies Lindsay uses to bring her ideas to life (from making word lists to researching to doodling to acting out her characters!)
- Interactive performances of her book complete with humorous props, costumes, and lots of audience participation
- Q&A with students
At the present time, Lindsay is only offering Virtual Visits.
Virtual Author Visits:
Lindsay is happy to offer virtual visits to classrooms and schools who have read her book beforehand. When tied in with lessons from Lindsay’s activity kits and discussion guides, the visit can be even more meaningful! Contact Lindsay to design a virtual visit around the needs of your students.
“Invite Lindsay to your school immediately! And bring her back often! She is really that good. . . Outstanding in every respect.” – Janie Kantner; Librarian, Indian Trail Elementary School (Canal Winchester, OH)
“I watched my students as they watched Lindsay, and each one was mesmerized!” – Tracey Case, 2nd Grade Teacher, Avondale Elementary (Canton, OH)
“Lindsay was awesome. She made the booking process easy, asked lots of questions about our students so she could tailor her program to them, and her storytelling was superb! She made Polar Bear Island come to life in front of their eyes and made them yearn for more. She tied in her love for reading and writing from an early age to turning this love into a career as an author. Don’t hesitate – you need Lindsay to speak at your school!” – Jill Makee, Assistant Principal, Wickliffe Elementary School (Wickliffe, OH)