Lindsay Bonilla is a professional storyteller and children’s book author from North Canton, Ohio. She lives with her husband, two wild and creative kids (who believe themselves to be a Komodo dragon and red panda, respectively), and her dog, Blitzen. While earning her Bachelor’s degree in theatre and religion at Northwestern University, she fell in love with folktales and world travel. Lindsay has performed interactive theatre, shared stories and taught workshops all over the world. These experiences have made her passionate about building understanding and relationships across cultures while inspiring the imagination. When she’s not writing or performing, she can be found building Legos with her kids as they brainstorm her next book idea.
Lindsay is represented by Christa Heschke of McIntosh & Otis.
- My husband is from Colombia, and we speak both Spanish and English at home.
- I love spicy food (especially Thai and Indian).
- I have visited 29 countries and 5 continents.
- My favorite animal is the giraffe, but I’m more like a kangaroo.
- I collect animal puppets.
- As a kid, I made up my own stories and acted them out on my front porch “stage.”
- I used to live in Madrid and toured Spain and Portugal teaching English through theatre.
- I once played Eeyore and Tigger in the play, The Winnie the Pooh Christmas Tail.
- Spiders and snakes don’t scare me, but I’m terrified of mice!
- I once spent the night in the middle of the Sahara Desert in Morocco.